Specialist, Real Time Systems (Smart Field)
United Arab Emirates
Provides support and advice on field automation techniques to the organisation so as to optimize production and reservoir management Ensures that professional standards are observed and controlled within the Automation / Smart Fields Acts as a focal point for technology applications related to automation, tele-communication, instrumentation and virtual control rooms development Provides support for automation / smart field technologies to field development and plant modifications; In addition to corporate telecoms and industrial network support Develops and formulates new operating models for existing or planned automated fields, mainly in coordination with petroleum development and operations disciplines to maximize benefits from the deployed technologies within the automated fields.
• Liaises with Field
operations, Reserves Development and other departments in CO. to develop
operating approaches and working practices that leverage
level of implemented automation.
• Provides implementation support and technical consultation to Existing Development function when needed.
• Coordinates with petroleum development teams to better understand reservoir characteristics and identifies improvement opportunities.
• Manages surface studies and researches with regard to telecommunication, related technology applications for automation.
• Manages field instrumentation and production data transmission and develops approaches, specifying requirements and setting standards for implementation.
• Supervises contractors activities related to surface facilities.
• Plans and directs the activities of assigned personnel in Automation/Smart Fields department.
• Develops and directs the articulation and implementation of new operating models for fields being automated as per shareholders request. This entails coordination with petroleum development and Project Execution.
• Provides centralized technical support for engineering and development projects as well as for new / undeveloped fields developments in areas of field automation techniques, remote reservoir monitoring, and instrumentation technologies.
• Coordinates with petroleum development teams and engineering units to better understand surface facilities requirements as per reservoir characteristics and identifies improvement opportunities.
• Supervises contractors activities for subsurface tasks.
• Manages subsurface studies and researches.
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures.
• Implement approved Department policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department in line with the Company Performance framework. Innovation and Continuous Improvement.
• Identifies innovative technical solutions for surface facilities management and automation.
• Coordinates with operational departments to ensure implementation of latest technologies.
• Identifies innovative technical solutions for well management automation Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability.
• Follows the Company’s health, safety, and environment policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his or her area of responsibility and ensure that they are effectively implemented in this domain.
• Ensures the work under his or her control is performed in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
• Applies effective accident investigation and follow up Reports.