Specialist, Petroleum Engineering
United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Provide technical expertise and guidance to design, develop, review, monitor and recommend performance standards, guidelines, policies, practices and procedures focused on Petroleum Engineering in line with the overall production strategy.• Provide functional support to all Drilling Operations units and artificial lift specialists to assure compliance with specifications and standards and ensure the effective adoption and implementation of new methodologies and technologies to enhance production, optimize productivity and mitigate risks.
• Provides subject expertise to define Petroleum Engineering procedures, policies, technical specifications, performance standards and methodologies and the adoption of new technologies.
• Provides key technical advice and guidance on all aspects of Petroleum Engineering including; reservoir management and operations, engineering, well design, simulation, completion, production optimization, artificial lift technologies, production chemistry. Supervision
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives. Budgets
• Provide input for preparation of the Department U Section budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Department I Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department I Section's work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations. Performance Management
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department I Section in line with the Company Performance framework. Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function. Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and CO. Code of Practices Reports
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management 5. COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Internal
• Daily interaction with VP-Drilling Operations and team member within Development and Division on the ongoing operation and project
• The jobholder is expected to draw up plans, lead the development of business planning and development strategies, and ensure their implementation. External
• Contacts with other OPCO on issues related to Well Integrity. And Establish contact with other OPCO on sharing knowledge and joint studies
• Becomes key Well Integrity Focal Point for all Well Integrity issues.