United Arab Emirates
Provide technical advice on adoption of new drilling/well operations technologies and practices to enhance well design and operations in compliance with HSE standards. Partner with Assets to define operational requirements, design, development and implement guidelines, programs, policies, practices and procedures for drilling operational activities in accordance with overall Corporate strategies, leadership direction, Technical Functions’ mandates to improve current, enhance well productivity, reduce well duration, cost and improve well life to achieve operational excellence.
• Provide technical advice and guidance for
Asset teams on well design, well operations, new drilling technologies and
quality management techniques to improve asset performance and achieve business
• Evaluate new strategic well technologies, facilitate conducting trials and provide support during the approval process assessing results to achieve objectives in alignment with divisional mandates and Asset strategies.
• Define the technical requirements and design of rig equipment for optimum rig fleet efficiency; lead studies, identify and recommend solutions for optimizing performance to support achieving Asset objectives.
• Provide timely technical advice and support for all assets in the event of drilling crisis situations to achieve quick resolutions.
• Lead audits and failure investigations and recommend remedial measures in order to ensure all identified gaps and failures are remedied in a timely manner.
• Participate in Drill Well on Paper (DWOP) and After Action Reviews workshops in collaboration with the Well Delivery Team.
• Provide technical advice based on disciplined knowledge and expertise in drilling engineering and well operations, and perform critical analysis and assess the validity of findings and recommendations in discipline reports.
• Contribute to the identification, sourcing, and selection of service providers for well operations solutions to validate all services requirements and participate in technical bid evaluations and qualification of new vendors accordance with defined standards and procedures.
• Maintain a clear view at all times of technical and financial (cost) performance of assigned activities
• Reports regularly on the progress of assigned activities, in accordance with routine and ad-hoc reporting requirements General Accountabilities: Supervision
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives. Budgets
• Provide input for preparation of the Department/ Section budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control. Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department / Section’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations. Performance Management
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework. Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function. Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and CO. Code of Practices.