Senior Planning Engineer
United Arab Emirates
Senior Planning Engineer Interface Degree in relevant Engineering discipline (e.g. Mechanical Engineering) with expertise of planning technique and other key disciplines. Good technical competence in recognized engineering discipline with 5 years’ work experience in Operations planning strategy, Project management, especially offshore installations.
Review and convey
Engineer’s consent to the Contractors’ Baseline program of works in line with
• Validation of compatibility of assigned resources for timely completion of the project
• Generation of monthly Cash projection and resources histograms
• Preparation of consolidated report on contractor’s program for taking Employer’s consent
• Arranging coordination meetings with Employer’s representatives to demonstrate Contractor’s program Engineer’s observations, if any, and necessary conditions to be imposed prior to his consent.
• Assist Resident Engineer & Quantity Surveyor in tracking the project against its baseline schedule
• Identify the potential areas of delay, highlight the critical events & suggest / provide mitigation measures to minimize those delays during progress meetings
• Revise the internal schedule as per conclusions, design modifications or other alternatives to be taken by Engineer’s Design / Supervision
• Team and identify the impact on the internal schedule as a result of these actions/deficiencies
• Exercising alternative to assess their time impacts of any variations / omissions / instructions to demonstrate the Employer prior to finalizing/issuing such variation to the contractor.
• Assist Resident Engineer & Construction Manager to advise Contractor for recovery plans of off-schedule and unanticipated eventualities.
• Assist Resident Engineer with the preparation of Project /Kick-Off meeting.
• Updating programs and preparation of reports (by weekly)
• Preparation of monthly progress reports.
• Participate in project progress meetings at site
• Assisting project Senior Quantity Surveyor and Resident Engineer in responding to contractor’s notices by proving programming data feedback.
• Commenting on Contractor’s slow progress and identify concurrent delay during course of execution.
• Compilation of correspondences, drawings, and other contemporaneous records with coordination of site staff and contractor personnel to analyze Contractor’s Extension of Time claim
• Assessment of Contractor’s claim
• Preparation of Engineer’s initial report, impacted programs using suitable delay analyzing techniques to support/substantiate the Engineer’s recommendations on contractor’s claims
• Preparation of presentation of Engineer’s determination on Contractor’s claims to demonstrate the Employer’s representatives
• Participate in consultation meetings with Contractor’s representatives after Engineer’s initial assessment on his claim
• Attending meeting with Employer’s representative to demonstrate contractor’s claims and Engineer assessment.