Senior Engineer, Production
United Arab Emirates
Supports the VP - Operations in planning, managing and coordinating activities to ensure that Operations targets are met, field operations are maintained safely and efficiently in accordance with Company policies. Meet division objectives, KPI’s, standards, and assist the field staff in managing day-to-day operations, site activities/ emergencies.
· Participates in the planning, coordination and recommendation of long and short-term production programs. Attend departmental meetings, discussing existing field capacities, capabilities, conditions of plant and equipment, time constraints, to decide in conjunction with other departments on an appropriate production/ PM compliance programs.
· Reviews operating history data, analyses chronic failures and problems, participates in Root Cause Analysis and helps to develop recovery strategies for the implementation of upgrades and modifications to improve reliability.
· Assign assists to the coordination work with Projects and Engineering team regarding the short / long term planning of the Division’s activities.
· Leads monthly operational planning and co-ordinates with site Ops team leader for all, day to day activities. Plans & coordinate all field shutdown plans & liaison with SAP coordinator to plan all PM activities.
· Participates in preparation of Capital and Operating budgets. Monitors and reconciles capital and operating expenditure against planned budget for Technical Division. Investigates and redresses any variances to ensure effective cost control.
· Reviews all operations appraisals for consistency. Participates in Risk Assessment exercises and prepares recommendations and guidelines to address findings.
· Participates in and follows up the project execution phase, pre-commissioning, commissioning & Plant performance test. Operations / Plant Operations Senior Engineer, Production Material Stock Management
· Liaises with the procurement team and other relevant contacts to ensure safe and orderly delivery of process chemicals to the plant storage area. Generic Accountabilities Supervision
· Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities at work site to meet functional objectives.
· Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives. Budgets
· Develop and manage the Department annual budget in line with the Division’s business objectives and operational plans ensuring that adequate funding provision is made for all Department activities.
· Monitor expenditure against approved Department budget on a regular basis; investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control. Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
· Implement approved policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the work programs in line with Company and International standards. · Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations. Performance Management
· Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section in line with the Company Performance framework. Innovation and Continuous Improvement
· Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
· Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function. Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
· Understands and promotes the company’s health, safety & environmental policy and objectives; performs work in accordance with the company’s established rules, regulations and approved procedures.
· Accountable for the wellbeing and safety of own self and others, including all contracted labor force – unskilled, semiskilled, and skilled.
· Leads Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) in ensuring "safe systems of work" and "safe conditions" are in place within his area of responsibility.
· Demonstrates visible commitment to HSE by periodically leading & taking part in risk assessments, HSE audits, HSE meetings, emergency drills, HAZOP’s, SIL classifications, etc. Management Information Systems (MIS) and Reports
· Ensure that all Department MIS and progress reports are prepared to provide accurate and timely reports and necessary information to Company Management to effectively manage the business.