Senior Engineer, Operations Planning
United Arab Emirates
Lead and coordinate the preparation and development of short/long term plans and programs for assigned area covering, business plan, field development master plan, quality improvement schemes, etc. to meet the operational objectives in line with company policy, procedures and HSE standards.
• Coordinate the
preparation and operations division’s rolling 5-year Business Plan including
the semi-annual plan overview.
• Create mechanisms to translate the strategic objectives into a set of measurements to reflect the performance.
• Develop strategies, which stimulate continuous business improvement.
• Identify, define and analyse key business processes, action and involve in the implementation of improvement programs.
• Prepare and maintain the Field Master Plan for assigned area in close coordination with other departments to ensure that all operations activities are fully addressed and duly covered. Review and update quarterly to reflect changes in divisional objectives/targets/Plans.
• Conduct technical / economical planning studies and prepares short and long term working programs in line with the division’s business, master plans objectives and Company guidelines in coordination with other departments as required.
• Participate in the development, review and maintenance of divisional policies, procedures and work practices and prepare appropriate recommendations for improvement.
• Review and scrutinize all proposals for expenditures and any other financial/budget proposal before further processing for management approval.
• Undertake and coordinate the development of divisional operation plans in conjunction with other departments and other concerned parties within the company and other OPCOs to ensure that production/export targets are met at all times.
• Coordinate and identify the division’s annual self-audit program.
• Participate and coordinate the development of the division’s Information Technology plans covering hardware and software requirements.
• Understand and ensure HSE policies and procedures relevant to Field Operations are adhered to. Operational Plans.
• Develop consistent and realistic long and short-term operational plans for the Department in line with the Division objectives and manage the implementation of the approved long and short-term plans. Ensure objectives are effectively converted into its performance tasks/ objectives to realise the Division Objectives and established service levels agreements. Supervision
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures.
• Implement approved Section / Department policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section’s / Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section / Department in line with the Company Performance framework. Innovation and Continuous Improvement.
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function. Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability.
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and CO. Code of Practices.