Project Manager (Marginal Field)
United Arab Emirates
Manage the assigned projects and ensure project delivery in line with the highest HSE standards and project objectives in terms of scope, quality, cost and time.
• Manage the verification of bidders list, pre-qualification evaluation, development of tender/enquiries, selection of engineering consultants, Project Management Consultants (PMC) and EPC Contractor.
• Manage and resolve difficulties and challenges through detailed analysis, and provide recommendations for proper solutions in line with Company and International standards and best practices.
• Monitor and ensure that the quality and progress of work performed by licensors, Engineering and EPC Contractors is aligned with contract requirements and specifications.
• Ensure Company policies for technical, safety, quality and environment are correctly addressed while identifying bottlenecks and recommending corrective action to ensure smooth and timely completion of the project at optimum cost.
• Lead the development of schedule, cost estimate and budget for the project. Review and recommend the same for Tender Board and Management endorsement/approval.
• Provide Technical Expertise to ensure effective Management of all the projects phases and prepare weekly highlights and progress reports.
• Verify Certification of Contractor/Vendors invoices and endorse final acceptance certification.
• Review all Change Order Requests, claims and participate in developing the recommendation for settling of variations/claims.
• Ensure that the contractor submits the required documentation in the specified format including the project hand-over documents along with the Close-out Report,
• Facilitate and manage the coordination between the end users and PMC/ EPC Contractor and other agencies involved in the project.
• Develop, in liaison with other divisions, the annual overall work program and Projects budget and to control expenditure and justify variance.
• Coordinate with other divisions and end user to ensure the accuracy of Projects Engineering Packages and documents, and agree necessary changes to suit project various phases. Generic Accountabilities Operational Plans
• Manage and ensure implementation of detailed plans and strategies for the assigned project that will lead to effective and efficient achievement of all project objectives while managing activities of the team covering the project from initial phase to completion while ensuring compliance with Company HSE Policy for project activities. Leadership
• Motivate, review and monitor the performance of the team which is formed from Company Projects Group, specialists and PMC personnel to ensure the effective implementation of the agreed Project Execution plan. Budgets and Cost Control
• Lead the development of schedule, cost estimate and budget for assigned project. Review and propose the same for Tender Board and Management endorsement/approval.
• Control and monitor the implementation of the total budget, schedule and quality at various stages of the project execution to ensure adherence to the overall approved plan. Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Encourage innovation, enhance employee motivation and support initiatives for implementation of Change Management to continuously improve operations and services.
• Propose improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards (including ISO 50,001) in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the assigned projects. Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Support the institution of an HSE culture and ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, systems & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines for assigned project in-line with international standards, best practices and CO. Code of Practices.
• Ensure adequate HSE training and induction for all sub-ordinates to meet HSE standards Management Information Systems (MIS) and Reports
• Prepare all MIS and progress reports for assigned projects to provide accurate and timely reports and necessary information to Management to effectively manage the business.